Having telehealth verification processes help you achieve successful telemedicine sessions with your patients during the lockdown of the pandemic. In the end we are all upgrading our technology skills to communicate in ordinary ways using the tools available to us. Your verification process is designed for older and the less technically able to successfully participate in healthcare.
A High Rate of Telemedicine Appointments are Cancelled
Patients who are less familiar with technology are less able and more likely to resist using, or fail, telemedicine visits so preparing and educating patients before their consultation is helpful in reducing cancellations. We expect that patients will be more willing to try and adapt to the technology now; and telehealth providers are more in demand. 4The drastic change in healthcare delivery methods can be overwhelming for many. A solution includes incorporating support staff who can technologically triage patients, educate and prepare patients for a virtual tool, and prepare information for easy access prior to and during an appointment.
Achieving Higher Patient Satisfaction
How to achieve a successful consultation:
- Consider the technological skill levels of patients
- Find a convenient way for patients to communicate with providers and support staff
- Optimize home and office location to consider the telehealth systems
- Create an environment for patients to feel heard, receive optimal care, and exhibit a professional and mindful organization
Streamlining the Appointment
Streamlining the appointment process and ensuring a positive experience for patients is beneficial and the improved telemedicine workflow makes for a great patient visit. Utilizing telehealth technology can be more cumbersome and problematic but if prepared properly it can result in an efficient and successful patient outcome.
Review your current processes and ask what your practice needs to improve, then identify any additional support areas needed to prepare patients for telemedicine visits.
- Alex Kacik, Modern Healthcare Hospital Operations Reporter. Independent physicians push for expedited covid-19 aid. Mar 27, 2020
- Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Notification of Enforcement Discretion for Telehealth Remote Communications During the COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency. Mar 30, 2020
- Christina Farr, tech & health report for CNBC. Rural hospitals and private medical practices struggle to stay open during the Covid-19 pandemic. Mar 31, 2020
- Mandy Roth, innovations editor of Healthleaders. 4 ways you haven’t thought about using telehealth during the covid-19 pandemic. Mar 24, 2020