Everyday of our lives, we make a lot of choices – like what clothes to wear, what shoes to put on, what snacks to eat, and many more. These prove that the dilemma of options is something we struggle with and conquer all the time.
Just like when searching for a job, you need to figure out what jobs will suit your skills and interests. There are several factors you need to consider in doing so. It’s that time when you feel anxious about the outcome of your choice. I can attest to the hardship of finding a suitable job. Indeed, decision-making is difficult.
People go through different professions before finding the one where they really belong. I’ve been there. I never thought working as a Virtual Assistant was the best career I could find for me. I’m enthralled and interested in what I do everyday.
So why not enumerate the reasons why I love my job?
- I have a balance between work and personal life. This may be challenging to some, but by being a Xilium Virtual Assistant, it is undoubtedly achievable. Nothing compares to a career you can achieve within the regular working hours, so you can still have time to see friends and family.
- I have flexibility to choose where to work. I can arrange to work at home, if I’m not feeling well enough to go to the office and just want to be in my PJ’s all day, or if it’s just not possible for me to be at the office for a particular day. As long as I can still be productive and be able to deliver quality results, flexibility is a perk I enjoy.
- I have numerous opportunities to learn new skills. As a VA, learning a new task is certainly helpful to further enhance my skills and to equip me with knowledge which can help me better do my job.
- I am recognized and well-appreciated by my clients. It is so fulfilling to have good relationships with my clients. A simple gesture like “thank you” from them would really go a long way in making me feel valued. This makes me love doing my work even more.
- I am empowered to take responsibility for myself and all that I do. We are responsible for every action that we make. In some ways, errors are unavoidable which can negatively affect work, so I realized there is always room for improvement. I am humble enough to admit my own mistakes. I make sure that I learn from them, then move on and do better onward.
- I am always motivated to do well. There is a sense of fulfillment when clients involve me in decision-making processes which can bring their business success. With this trust, I am even more driven to go beyond expectations. I always strive to keep them happy and contented.
Now, I’m mature enough to know how to choose wisely – considering all the factors before selecting. Loving what I do makes me the best person I can be. After all, I want to inspire others not only by being successful, but also by doing what I wholeheartedly feel is best for me.