Chiropractic is defined by the World Federation of Chiropractic as a “health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation.”
Although many experts say that this practice lacks scientific evidence as to its effectiveness and accuracy in treating musculoskeletal conditions, many people still seek for a chiropractor to help relieve their back pains. Demand for this alternative medicine continuously rises, and so is the number of chiropractors.
If your goal is to grow your chiropractic practice and be the best one among the chiropractors in town, then you need an effective strategy to increase your visibility to people. Visibility nowadays could mean two things — offline and online. Offline visibility refers to local promotion such as giving out of flyers or getting a spot on local newspapers. Online visibility, on the other hand, means using the Internet technology to get the word about your company out. One of the most effective and cheapest ways to gain online presence is through social media.
Before you start any social media campaign, we got the basics covered for you.
- Target Market. Reaching a wide scope of market is good but it is better if you know your target niche and you concentrate your efforts on them. You want to reach the people who are prone to encounter back pains because they are more likely to use your services. This is the beauty of social media – it allows you to target a specific group of people to reach out to.
- Social Media Networks. On Facebook you can search for groups and pages that are within your target market. On Twitter you can make use of hashtags or terms that Twitter users include in their tweets to be more searchable in the Twitterverse. If you want to be found for chiropractic, include the term in your tweets. The most important thing is that you engage with your target market and offer them valuable information. If you do it well, you can establish yourself as an expert, gain your audience’s trust, and convert them to leads.
- Online Marketing Plan. If your main goal is to be the leading chiropractor in town, then you should move to the next level. Create a website offering educational and informative articles about your practice and chiropractic in general. Offer advice and answer frequently asked questions. Use videos, case studies, and researches to give your readers a full experience of your website. Now you won’t have to run out of things to promote on your social media networks. These resources from your website can be good materials to post on your social media channels.
There is no doubt on how social media has helped organizations in their marketing campaigns. This too can happen to you in the chiropractic industry if you prepare for it and follow through with your plans. You can get some help if you need. Just make sure you participate in the planning process.
As Gary Vaynerchuk said in his popular book “The Thank You Economy,” if you apply social media correctly, your clients will buy more, they will be more loyal, they will spread your message, and they will defend you should you ever need them to.”
Latest posts by xilium (see all)
- The Value in Our Seniors - March 6, 2021
- Vaccines in the Philippines (Part 2): Looming Threat of Polio Resurgence - September 13, 2019
- Xilium Upgrades to Fibr - June 24, 2016