Online video marketing has been around for quite some time and is one of the most effective ways to market online. According to Forrester Research, online video marketing market is expected to explode to $7 billion by 2012. Recognizing the impact and opportunity of this strategy to your business, you should seriously consider creating real estate videos. One of the major benefits videos can bring is drawing potential customers to your business.
Increasing your target audience’s awareness through your videos is the best way to market because you get to show what you do best and what you know about the real estate business. But then, making a video requires creativity, skills, and time. This is where real estate assistants can certainly help you with.
So, what are the basic steps when creating an online video for your real estate business?
- Create a concept. The first step to consider is to decide on the topic. It is important to conceptualize one that viewers can relate to. Some possible topics to be considered are: renting a house vs. buying a home, mortgage rates, home improvements, home maintenance, how to buy a home, and the like. You may also search on the web to help you look for topics that are most discussed in blogs or forums. It is good to know what people talk about and what clients really want. You may also brainstorm with your assistant to help you decide and choose the best concept for the video.
- Search for inspirations. Once you have the topic to use, the next step is to find similar videos online which will serve as your inspiration or model in making a video. You can delegate the task to surf the web for video ideas and samples to your real estate assistant. This step does not aim to copy the style of other people’s videos but only to serve as a basis in creating a better and more improved material. A unique video concept can pretty sure catch the viewer’s interest.
- Make a storyline. This is the most important part of the process. Making a storyline must be done in a deliberate manner because this is the spice of the video. This is where you convey your message to the viewers. Create a simple, organized and informative storyline. Your real estate assistant should work hand-in-hand with you to come up with a great story. The things to consider when creating a storyline are the suitability of the concept, creativity of the plot, selection of words, message of the video, and time frame. When your assistant is done with the storyline, make sure to review it.
- Actual Production. Your real estate virtual assistant can then either manually sketch the images to begin the actual production phase or proceed to the rendering of the images through the use of image creation tools like Adobe Photoshop. The video itself can then be created through Video applications or tools such as Adobe Premiere and Movie Maker. Of course, a video can never be complete without the voiceover, background music, and sound effects. Make sure to coordinate closely with your assistant on such selections and choices.
- Final Review. Once the video is done, make sure to review it and order for a final edit to polish everything. As a real estate business professional, you have the knowledge about the industry, and at the end of the day, publishing the video online becomes your major decision. One thing is for sure, you only want a material that is informational, gets your message across, and speaks highly of your services.
Online video marketing is not that hard to accomplish as long as you have the right real estate assistant to help you produce it and integrate it into your marketing strategies and make it viral. A viral video means more viewers, and more viewers mean more people who are aware of your services. Ultimately, that may lead to the growth of your real estate business.
Want to share your expert knowledge as well as your products and services with your market? Try video marketing as a strategy with the help of real estate assistants.