In any job opportunities, interview is the most important process before selecting the right applicant. Conducting an interview provides a chance for an employer to know and select the most suitable employee needed for the job. Finding the right virtual assistant is not that easy, so you should know how to sift and eventually hire the right one.
What are the key questions to ask when you’re hiring your own virtual assistant? Here are five questions that top the list:
1. “Why did you choose to become a virtual assistant?” It may sound cliche but every individual is unique. Their character affects how they perform their jobs. From this question, you will know your virtual assistant’s attitude and personality. Their answer will give you a hint on how determined they are in their job. Being goal-driven is one of the most important characteristics of a good virtual assistant, and that should be part of what you should look for.
2. “How exactly can you assist me?” This is a good question to measure how capable your virtual assistant is. This would let you know their initiative in anticipating your needs as a professional. Additionally, you may ask your VA about their strengths and weaknesses so that you can leverage their skills and know when to guide them on certain areas.
3. “How many hours a day can you work for me?” It is necessary that you know the availability of your assistant. You should know if your virtual assistant is flexible enough to work with you on deadlines. Likewise, this will be a good chance to settle on a particular schedule that should work for both parties.
4. “Do you have all the resources needed?” Make sure that you your virtual assistant candidates have their personal computer. Computer is the bible of every virtual assistant, along with a stable and high-speed internet connection and back-up support. As their work revolves around the computer and the internet, the assistant must be knowledgeable of the different software that will serve as substitutes for some physical equipment like a phone or a fax machine.
5. “How much is the rate of your service?” This is one of the major considerations when hiring a Virtual Assistant. Virtual Assistant rates vary typically depending on their level of skills sets or experience. Research on the standard rates so you have a benchmark and always be ready to pay extra if you are seeking for reliable and top-notch services.
Engaging in a partnership involves assessing, investigating, and researching. Just like in hiring a virtual assistant, getting to know who you are hiring will make a big difference.
Being “very busy” will never be a part of your vocabulary once you hire the right virtual assistant that can be your partner in success. Choose the right one!