Using social media as part of a marketing plan is undeniably effective these days. Most consumers and business owners are online, and use social media such as LinkedIn, Google Plus, Facebook, and Twitter not only in communicating with friends and associates but also in searching for news, interesting stuff, and products and services.
If you are a B2B company owner and want to go “social” in marketing, you must develop a social media plan that will work for your business. You must know that the approach you should take would be a bit different from a B2C firm as you are targeting business owners who may not be present in most social networks.
Here are some tips to help you in establishing a good social media reputation for your B2B firm:
- Be on LinkedIn! In a survey done by CEO.com on the Fortune 500 companies, LinkedIn appears to be the most popular social media platform for CEOs or business executives. Take advantage of that by growing your network, participating in forums or group conversations under your industry. This is a sure-fire way to be noticed by company and industry leaders in LinkedIn.
- Go back to your website content. Social media platforms are extensions of your website. This is where you can share content that is engaging, interesting, and valuable to your clients or customers. Small business owners love it when they get to learn things that can help make their business processes easier.
- Connect with secondary-level sources. Obviously, you can’t depend on top executives of companies on social media as they don’t really spend a lot of time updating their profiles. You will need to have a secondary-level audience that you can communicate and relate to. This is also a good way to generate backlinks for your website and establish a positive online reputation.
- Use your interactions in developing more content. If you keep on interacting with other business owners under your industry on social media, you can get more ideas for your blog, Facebook posts, tweets, newsletters, and so on.
Social media success depends so much on how well you know your industry and target market – who they are, what they do, how old they are, where they live, what they need, and more. Knowing these things will help you determine a good strategy that would work best for you and your business. Start creating your B2B social media strategy now. Don’t hesitate to seek professional assistance as well — try the skills of virtual assistants who specialize in social media marketing.
Latest posts by Joven (see all)
- Xilium Haiyan Relief Operations – Our Way of Giving Back - December 11, 2013
- Small Business Advice: What Activities Can You Outsource to Virtual Assistants? - October 30, 2013
- Online Marketing is the Most Desired Activity to Outsource, but… - October 17, 2013